Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Late Kapapaala Pictorial -










Dear all,

In memory of our departed dear Hashette, Namata Florence aka Kapapaala, I have compiled a pictorial of some of her hash moments.

Below are the captions that accompany the photos.


Captions to Accompany the pictorial in Memory of the Late Florence Namata aka Kapapaala
9. Kapapaala (front) walks toward the start/ finish point of the second section of the 2008 Kampala – Jinja Relay organized by Kampala Hash House Harriers (KH3).
8. Kapapaala (front )runs towards the main entrance of the Kaazi camping grounds during the 2008 KH3 Kaazi Run
7. Kapapaala (Centre) eyes the camera at Kaazi after completing the 2008 Kaazi Run.
6. Kapapaala (furthest right), cheers on other finishers after completing the KH3 Kaaazi Run 2008.
5. Kapapaala (Right) walks together with Kamdulu at the scenic Botanical Gardens during the 2008 get together Beach party organized by hashers from KH3’s Waragi Team.
4. Kapapaala walks behind Kamdulu as they approach the Waragi Team gathered at the shores of the Botanical Beach Gardens during a get together party organized by the Waragi Team. Although she was a team memberof the Impala Team, she was a great friend of Team Waragi.
3. A photograph taken from the side shows Kapapaala walking within the Botanical Gardens at Entebbe.
2. Kapapaala (behind Dirty D**k) runs up the trail at a Saturday run organized at Kisubi beach, as Kamdulu watches from the side lines.
1. The Late Kapapaala runs past Kamdulu at the KH3 Run No. 1376 Saturday 1st May 2010 at Kisubi Beach, Entebbe. This was the last photograph that I took of her during her life time. The Lord giveth and the lord taketh away, till we meet again. On On!! Katanga Bbi,

“I will remember You” – Kapapaala Tribute. (Additions and alterations by Katanga)
I will be Hashing one day
Down a trail not so far away
And see a smiling face in the crowd
And smile

Knowing how you made me laugh
Hearing echoes of you from the crowd
Remembering how you used to smile
Remembering how you used to hash
Remembering how you used to run
Remembering how you used to dance
I will remember you

Our hash memories are frozen in time
Your unforgettable smile frozen in time
I will remember a true hasher
I will remember you

So many years will come and go
And yet your memory will still be strong
See that I don’t want to say . . . Good bye
One word we never could learn
Good bye
I will remember you

A true Hashette’s memory is frozen in time
Kapapaala you have gone too soon
I will remember you
I will remember you
I will remember you
On On

Please Note;-
“I Will Remember You”, is the is the Seventh and Final Single from Amy Grant’s twelveth album, “Heart in Motion”, and was released in March 1992 as a single. The original lyrics of the above song have been altered and various additions made to compose a tribute in memory of the Late Namata Florence aka Kapapaala who was a Hasher with the Kampala Hash House Harriers. Kapapaala passed away in the early hours of the morning of Saturday 22nd May 2010. May her Soul Rest in Eternal Peace.

The original lyrics to this song are shown below.

I will Rememeber You - Amy Grant

I will be walking one day
Down a street far a way
And see a face in the crowd
And smile
Knowing how you made me laugh
Hearing echoes of you from the crowd
I will remember you

Look in my eyes while you are near
Tell me what happening in here
See that I don’t want to say
Good bye

Our love is frozen in time
I’ll be your champion and you will be mine
I will remember
I will remember you

Later on
When this fire is an ember
When the night is not so tender
Given time
Though its had to remember
Darlin’
I will be holding
I’ll still be holding to you
I will remember You

So many years come and gone
And yet mem’ry is strong
One word we never could learn
Good bye

True love is frozen in time
I’ll be you champion and you will be mine
I will remember you
So Please remember me
I will remember you
I will remember you
I will remember you


On On

Katanga Bbi

No comments:

Post a Comment