Monday, March 14, 2011

Run 1427 Wine Garage Muyenga

Am I going to stand up and say ‘this is a lousy country’ or am I going to make this a better country?” Hillary on the campaign trail. Ref. New York Times

Date: 21st February 2011
Hares; Cartoon and Pamper, who were assisted by Coming Long,:
The run;
For a difference, the hares provided a few T-shirts. I think it was something like the first 50 getting T-shirts advertising Wine Garage. There was a turn up of over 140 registered hashers so the numbers were quite high for a regular Monday run. This Hash Trash article being written weeks after the run, and so many beer down my throat, my recollection of the events of the day might not be of any good, however, from the scanty bits and pieces that I can put together, from the Hash venue, we went downwards towards a trading centre, I thought to myself that this must be Namuwongo Trading centre although I wouldn’t be surprised if this was some other TC. From the T.C, we went to we connected to join a lelwe (read Railway line) that runs through that area to reach our first check point somewhere along this railway line. We zigged and zagged our way to Sixth or seventh street Industrial area then the Runners were lead back to the railway line for a one and a half or town K. We had a second check at that round about just before the traffic control lights at Jinja Road.
The rest of the run comprised of running through the suburbs of the  Red Light district of Kabalagala where I was I was hearing words like ‘uncle’, ‘daddy’, ‘sweetie’ ‘mwaah’ ringing out from dimly lit corridors as we sped through the last sections of the run.    
The Circle
New Comers and Returnees included Maureen Mbabazi, Hope Tumwewsigye, Ivan Raymond, Pro. Engineer, Apendix, Dorotia, Dog Eater, Bin Laden and Nakitenda Shenna, Teddy)
Announcements:
There was talk of the Juba Hash House Harriers holding their 250th Run soon and this was going to be celebrated in such a big way during the forth coming weekend. Loves that Shit made the announcement of this and was looking to see if he could team up with some interested party and make this trip to Africa’s Newest Republic (Come to think of it, I think they would look at me as some Kind of Dayo if I made this trip and told them that I have over 252 Runs).
The usual announcement of 7 Hills coming up on the 20th March were made.
Sinners;
Hillary appeared from the blue with casual attire, I think he had been on some kind of campaign trial or construction site or Hospital run or both of the three, anyway, having come in with new shoes meant that all the rest of the GMs had to have a New Shoes down downs.    
By the way, I realize that there  are many typos  in the Hash trash these day, but seeing as I write these articles in a noisy bar, these typos are quite understandable, I just hope your can create your best ‘entaputapu’ of the message.  (that word means Interpretation in Luganda the language spoken by the locals here).
 Sinners
Rip Off was given a sinners down down for having announced that the bank had recovered some 32 Million of the first or second 800M that was stolen recently.
Small hole was given a sinner’s down down for not having brought the Hash Master anything when she went on a buying spree to get those reflector vests. Some of the lucky recipients of these vests included Federo, Dirty Dick and Hose Pipe. Actually all of them looked quite good and only one of these that had a missing spelling on the name. The name Kamdulu was spelt as RAMDULU.
Chatter Boxes.
The nominees for Chatter boxes were Muchira, Some fellow with a Hugo Boss T-shirt, Peeping Dick, Wet Valley and Daddy’s Girl. The no name fellow with the words Hugo Boss on his T-shirt won this one hands down.
Hash Shit.
The nominees were;
Pap Smear for not putting on a Hash T-shirt, Ramdulu you know who I mean, for illegally changing his name, Swing Low Whore for asking for a bottle of Beer from one of the candidates for the Makindye East LC3 Chairmanship who happened to be in attendance. She allegedly went straight to him and told him that I will give you my vote if you buy me a bottle of beer, quite a joke if you are not standing but something very troubling if indeed you are standing for the post.
Pap Smear won this highest honour.

On on
Katanga  Bbi
 Am I going to stand up and say ‘this is a lousy beer’ or am I going to go and get myself another beer?” on on
KB

No comments:

Post a Comment