Monday, December 6, 2010

Hash #1414 - Palm Bar, Kisasi

Date: November 29, 2010
Hares: Mahoganess and Buffalo Dung

On my way to the hash on this particular Monday I happened to run into Defaulter and guest on a boda boda.  Not knowing exactly where the hash was I offered them a ride and proceeded to be directed in what I was sure was a really bad way to go.  We were basically off-roading through the village but then, to my surprise, and I'm pretty sure it surprised Defaulter too, we ended up on the right road and got there with 3 minutes to spare, which was plenty of time for Defaulter to stuff his pockets with free condoms that were all over a table inside the courtyard.

I took it easy and joined the hashers as I was feeling a bit under the weather after a wild hash bash but even so, we all started with a nice mountain climbing journey, followed closely by a mountain descent.  The FRBs leaped and bounded down like mountain goats, when all I could imagine was my ankles giving out, my feet sliding on the loose maram and tumbling down the mountain in a painful and embarrassing fit - accompanied, not doubt, by hashers' raucous laughter.

During one check point we had, not a beer stop, but a whiskey stop.  I believe it was Johnny Walker red label and it came complete mixers compliments of Perry Mason.

The rest of the run was uneventful except for the exodus of dragonflies that was going on over our heads.  I had never seen anything like it but there must have been something damn good at the end of their flight because there were thousands!

In the circle we found out that hashers found the run too short, too dusty, too wet, not enough condoms and not enough whiskey.

Announcements:
- Next Hash - so, knowing what I know now, the next hash (that happened just before I sat down to write this blog) is actually at Nomo Gallery, but Mpuuta announced that it was going to be at Fly Zone in Kajjansi, zeya zeya!  Mpuuta!!  What happened?!
- Kampala MTN Marathon is featuring a KH3 tent as usual including breakfast for 5,000/- and beer for 1,000/- thanks to the grand masters

New Comers:
- Steven from Mukono came with thanks to Defaulter

Returnees:
- Gogolo has been out campaigning for M7, I actually heard that that stupid "You Want another Rap" song was Gogolo's idea...
- Fuggles is apparently very married but I wasn't sure if she was trying to brag or if she was complaining.  But then she announced that she does 2 hashes per year so I stopped caring.

Sinners:
- Mechanica reached the hash at 6:30pm when everyone knows that the hash is actually THE only thing in Kampala that starts on time: 6 on the dot!
- Brenda got in trouble for playing with the hash tools - I guess that means she was playing with Queenie and Buffalo Dung?  they're tools right?
- Dirty Dick, even though he has a very important place on the mismanagement committee as hash horn, didn't show up to the hash bash.
- Faisal got in trouble for not announcing himself as a new comer

Chatterbox:
No new offenses, these people just talk a lot so no real need for explanation.  The nominees were Al's Bar, Kumamaji, Ali, Laura, Tutu and Topher.  Kumamaji took home the honors.

Hash Shit:
- Sudhir for speaking out against sex on the hash
- Defaulter for having sex on the hash

Of course Defaulter won the honors because he's just that kind of guy.

On! On!
Solar Erection

No comments:

Post a Comment